Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Frew Valley, Rothrock State Forest

Frew Road is a dead end dirt road running through the dark little valley between Stone Mountain and Rocky Ridge.  It's an upland valley, high in the hills.  Some private cabins are built on land leased from the state forest, but only three on lonely Frew Road...and none as isolated as this one.
I love it.  With a place like this to call my own, I'd be happier than a kitten with a ball of yarn.  I like the way this cabin is built to resemble an old frontier fort, too.  My first thought when I saw it was, "It would be a spooky place when dark began to fall."  But then it occurred to me that I was sleeping in a tent that very night.  At least this place could put a locked door between you and the night. 

Another trip to Ohio took me to a forgotten sacred place just yesterday.  Click here if you're interested.  

No comments:

Post a Comment