Monday, April 4, 2022

Early Spring at Raccoon Creek

It wasn't my intention to go to Raccoon Creek, but I missed my exit for Hillman and just kept driving.  I was distracted.  It's been hard to stay focused lately.
But I really needed to get out among the trees.  I've been using my days off to scout out potential "camps" to buy.  That's to say, little plots of land with a cabin or where I could have one built.  And so, instead of hiking, my days off have been spent mostly in the car--which is not good for my mental and spiritual health.
But I'm planning a 200-mile trek this summer across the Monongahela National Forest of West Virginia.  I'll need to cover about 16 miles a day, so I downloaded an app onto my phone that gauges my speed and the distance covered each day.
I had to get out into the woods to test it out.  It'll be great if it doesn't drain my cell battery.  I know it's an ambitious plan--this idea of backpacking for 200 miles.  But there are so many reasons it needs to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment