Thursday, March 23, 2017

I'm So Bored with Raccoon Creek...

I'm so bored with Raccoon Creek, so stupefyingly weary of the place.  But on days when the wife is out of town--which is pretty much most days recently--I don't have time to go any further afield because I have to be home before the school bus.  Today I just needed trees to help me think, and Raccoon sufficed.  That's all it ever does; it suffices...which is better than not.  
I also needed trees to test out my new hiking hammock, a Christmas gift from my in-laws.  While I don't love the idea of going to the woods to lie in a hammock, I gotta admit, it was nice.  Find a lonely spot out on the forest, far away from any trail, hang the hammock, and kick back in the sunshine with a book...rocking gently in the breeze.  It's lightweight and collapses down into a tiny pouch.  I tell you, this could really revolutionize the way I spend  my days off.  

No comments:

Post a Comment