Blogs are outdated, I know. Nowadays, people have podcasts or YouTube channels. But much of what I do and am is outdated, so of course I have a blog; it's in keeping with the overall package. While signing onto this blog just now, I noticed an "AI Overview" of Snow & Jaggers. It's always strange to hear what others have to say about something you've created--even if the one doing the talking is a senseless robot. Look what AI has to say:
Snow & Jaggers is a regional photojournal established in 2010 that documents historic, scenic, and forgotten places across Pennsylvania, with a frequent focus on the Allegheny National Forest, local ghost towns, and rural landmarks.
Key Focus Areas: Allegheny National Forest: Explores spots like Buzzard Swamp, Minister Creek, and Fools Knob.
Local History & Landmarks: Highlights abandoned homesteads, old country churches, and scenic hills near Tidioute and Kane.
Outdoor Exploration: Features quiet hiking, backpacking, and water trails throughout the Commonwealth.
If you are looking for a specific post, location, or trip report from Snow & Jaggers, please let me know the name of the place or landmark you have in mind!
"Quiet hiking." I like it.
The photos at the top of the page are a few treks I did that didn't merit mention on this forum: The hill in the cornfield is a peak I bagged (on private land) called Brooks Rocks. And the nightmarish hellscape in the other two photos is Royal Dutch Shell's ethane-cracker plant on the Ohio River in Monaca--which is one of the few lingering legacies from Tom Corbett's single failed term as governor. The factory looked especially sinister in the evening mist...
No comments:
Post a Comment