Monday, October 17, 2022

Bald Knob and Beam Rocks, Forbes State Forest

This is the modest view from Beam Rocks on a brilliant Saturday in October.  I have never in my life seen so many cars parked along the forest road that runs along the ridge between Linn Run State Park and the Laurel Hill ski lodge. 
But it was a perfect fall day, and the colors were lovely.
I actually took my older daughter to go hiking down there because there was another peak I wanted to bag, the little-known Bald Knob, which is the highest piece of ground just above the valley of Linn Run.  At 2,930 feet, it’s a behemoth for these parts… And of course it was unclaimed on my peak-bagging site.  It’s mine now, for whatever that’s worth.
There are four transmission towers right on the peak, and no views through the trees.  I’m sure it’s a hive of unhealthy electromagnetic energy.  



 

No comments:

Post a Comment