Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Wood Thrushes in the Valley of Canoe Creek

At precisely 3:00pm as I was trudging back toward the car after an excellent trek to the summit of Brush Mountain, I heard my favorite birdsong echoing through the springtime forest... The wood thrush has a uniquely flute-like voice, and its evening song is resonant and lovely; it has a rich echo that I've never heard from any other bird.  It reminds me of a place I used to know--and the safe feeling of that place.  As my children could tell you (if they cared), it's only permissible to sing evening hymns after 3:00pm, so my birdfriend was right on time!  I love the evening song of the thrushes, and I caught it here on video so that I can listen to it when my ears grow weary of hearing lesser things.  Crank up the volume, there is no lovelier song than this!

No comments:

Post a Comment