Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Tionesta Creek in Winter

It was such a rare pleasure to escape into the sentimental arms of a real winter season in late January.  This was my birthday excursion to a place that is very near to my heart.  It's true that I've discovered new destinations out-of-state, but it was here in the Allegheny National Forest that I first found my sanity and health.

Many of the forest roads were so snowed over that travel was questionable.  I actually got stuck on the Mayburg Road.  Fortunately, a band of six snowmobilers happened along and pulled me out!
See how the stream flows with chunks of ice and the edges of the banks stand frozen.  I've missed winter.  Real winter--like this.  It's a pensive time, a time to be cherished.  I love the way the snow reflects the daylight into windowed rooms when the sun is hid behind clouds.  I call that the snowlight.  O the beauty of this place in January!

No comments:

Post a Comment