Friday, October 17, 2014

Forbes State Forest: Wolf Rocks Overlook

 The "overlooks" or "scenic vistas" in the Forbes State Forest have proved elusive to me in the past.
 Quite frequently, a panoramic view is promised but not delivered.  It's usually just overgrown with trees.
 But there's so much hype about Wolf Rocks.  I knew it had to be real.
 In fact, if you visit the official page for the Forbes State Forest, the view from Wolf Rocks is the firs thing you see.
 It's a pretty view out over the state forestland and parts of Linn Run State Park.  The silence here is profound, too.
But alas, my hikes are always rushed.  From Wolf Rocks, I wanted to hurry to the other well-known "overlook" in this part of the forest, "Beam Rocks," and I had a long, rocky trek ahead of me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment