There were more folks than I expected at Oil Creek State Park on Labor Day. I tend to avoid public parks on holidays, but it called to me from across the miles. There's too much uncertainty in my life right now. I miss my daughters who are away at college. I've been feeling a little edgy and bored. I had to do what I've been doing all my life: Take it to the trees. The trees have seen it all, and their counsel is always wise.
The weather was nice, not too hot, and I didn't have time to go too far from home. It would have been a good day to put a kayak on Oil Creek, but who would taxi me back to my car?
Oil Creek doesn't disappoint--with its rugged, steep terrain, its pleasant vistas, and its lazy, winding stream. I'm hoping to do the whole 37-mile loop someday. But I always expect summers to hold far more adventures than you can fit into them.
No comments:
Post a Comment