Tuesday, July 21, 2026

What AI Says about "Snow & Jaggers"




Blogs are outdated, I know.  Nowadays, people have podcasts or YouTube channels.  But much of what I do and am is outdated, so of course I have a blog; it's in keeping with the overall package.  While signing onto this blog just now, I noticed an "AI Overview" of Snow & Jaggers.  It's always strange to hear what others have to say about something you've created--even if the one doing the talking is a senseless robot.  Look what AI has to say:

Snow & Jaggers is a regional photojournal established in 2010 that documents historic, scenic, and forgotten places across Pennsylvania, with a frequent focus on the Allegheny National Forest, local ghost towns, and rural landmarks. 

Key Focus Areas: Allegheny National Forest: Explores spots like Buzzard Swamp, Minister Creek, and Fools Knob.

Local History & Landmarks: Highlights abandoned homesteads, old country churches, and scenic hills near Tidioute and Kane.

Outdoor Exploration: Features quiet hiking, backpacking, and water trails throughout the Commonwealth. 

If you are looking for a specific post, location, or trip report from Snow & Jaggers, please let me know the name of the place or landmark you have in mind!

"Quiet hiking."  I like it.  

The photos at the top of the page are a few treks I did that didn't merit mention on this forum: The hill in the cornfield is a peak I bagged (on private land) called Brooks Rocks.  And the nightmarish hellscape in the other two photos is Royal Dutch Shell's ethane-cracker plant on the Ohio River in Monaca--which is one of the few lingering legacies from Tom Corbett's single failed term as governor.  The factory looked especially sinister in the evening mist...

More Recent Update!  Here's AI's Latest About S&J

Snow & Jaggers is a long-running regional photojournal established in 2010 that documents historic, scenic, and forgotten places across Pennsylvania.

Focus and Themes, Forgotten Locations: Explores abandoned sites, old churches, and lesser-known rural pockets.

Local Geography: Features hikes, peaks, and outdoor spots like the Allegheny National Forest and state parks.

Regional History: Highlights local landmarks, small towns, and historical touchstones.

Forgive the egotism of this post.  But I also like the description of the blog as "long-running." I feel too young to have done anything long-running. 

No comments:

Post a Comment